Good evening. This is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School, with your weekly announcements:
1. Help Corwin International celebrate the International Day of Peace by purchasing a tie-dye bandanna for $2.00. The International Day of Peace is held annually on the 21st of September and is a day of cease fire in war torn countries. During this day, aid such as vaccinations can be administered to children. By purchasing and wearing a bandanna on September 21st, you can show others that you support peace in the world. Any proceeds will go towards international peaceful efforts. Who will you make peace with?
2. PTO needs volunteers to help work the concession stand at the Cross Country Meet on Tuesday, September 20th. Please sign up on SignUp.com and meet in the school office at 2:30pm.
3. CIMS PTO will be hosting a Holiday Market/Craft Fair at CIMS on Saturday, November 12th. If you are interested in volunteer hour opportunities, there will be a planning meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 21st in the Media Center at 5:15pm. For more information or for vendor inquiries, email email@example.com or call 719-671-4285.
4. There are still a few spots for the Washington DC trip in June. Please contact Mrs. Hutchins for further information.
5. Parents, please remember that the parking lot is not an appropriate area for dropping off and picking up students. Cars pulling in and out of that area during dismissal time poses a safety concern to our students. Please use the loop, Lakeview, and/or adjacent streets instead. For safety reasons, the staff parking lot will no longer be accessible to traffic during afternoon pick up times.
6. Parents, please remember that all visitors must sign in at the front office. Non-staff members should not enter the building through the courtyard, cafeteria, or any other entrance except for the main office entrance. This includes drop off and pick up times. This is for the safety of all of our students and staff. Thank you for your cooperation.
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week!