Good evening. This is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School, with your weekly announcements:
1. There will be a Washington DC meeting on Thursday, August 25th, at 5:30 in Room 113. All students/parents who are interested or already signed up to go to Washington DC in June 2017 please attend. We will discuss trip info as well as fund raising events. For further information, contact Mrs. Hutchins.
2. MYP Drama Club is meeting Tuesdays and Thursdays after school in Room 113 until 4:00pm. Students can be picked up at the Lakeview exit. PYP drama club meets on Wednesday after school until 4:00pm. Students can be picked up at the Lakeview exit.
3. PTO spirit shirt order forms are due Friday, Sept 2nd. The shirt order form is available on the PTO web site, which can be found off the main CIMS web page or in the school office. Please send check or cash to the office with the forms. We will have the spirit shirts passed out before October's Jean Day.
4. Parents of students riding buses: The First Student bus company has altered the bus routes again to provide a better timeline. Please see the updated routes on our website. These new times will go into effect on Monday, August 22nd. Also, bus routes are scheduled to ensure students reach their destinations on time so please do not block or park in front of them to prevent them from leaving. It is illegal and you may end up with a ticket. Thank you for your cooperation.
5. Parents: Please utilize the loop for drop off and pick up. This is the safest method. If you are using the side streets, please remind your child to use the crosswalks for their safety. Letting them in or out of a vehicle in the middle of the street is very dangerous. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our students safe.
6. There is no school for students on Wednesday, August 24th. It is a district professional development day for staff.
This concludes your weekly announcements. Thank you and have a great week!