Good evening. This is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School, with your weekly announcements:
1. A reminder to 7th and 8th grade string and band parents & students:
Music in the Parks will be Saturday, May 14th. Students must be on the bus no later than 6:30 am with music and instrument. Students will arrive back at CIMS by 9:00 PM. Parents please pick up students promptly. Thank you, Mrs. Pineda-Fuentes.
2. Pinwheels for Prevention: My Life students will be providing information about Child Abuse prevention during World Health Day scheduled for May 12th. As a part of this presentation they will be selling a variety of items including the blue pinwheels that will be planted in the Pinwheel garden at CIMS. Please plan to support this great cause. All funds from the sale of these items will be donated to the Child Advocacy Center.
3. 4th grade students received letters and ticket pre-order forms for their play "A Salute to Colorado." Please order your tickets ASAP as they will be sold on a first come/ first served basis. The play is May 17th at 5:30pm in the auditorium. Rootbeer floats will be served following the performance. Parent volunteers are needed to serve and help clean up.
4. MYP Drama Club will be cancelled for Tuesday due to the City Count track Championships.
5. The Track pizza party, uniform check-in, award ceremony and team pictures will be held on Thursday, May 12th, in the cafeteria. Make sure to bring all pieces of your uniforms!!! Fines will be assessed by Monday, May 16th.
6. A mandatory dress reherrsal for the 8th grade drama play, "High School Spoofical" will be held from 1:30pm to 4:00pm on Friday, May 13th. The play is scheduled for Thursday, May 19th, at 5:30pm in the auditorium!
7. Washington DC travelers, there is a meeting on Tuesday, May 10th, to select roommates, order travel shirts, sign behavior contracts and turn in medical releases. This is an important meeting but it will be quick.
8. Weather permitting, will begin painting the playground on Saturday, May 14th, beginning at 9:00am. Please go to Parent Booker to sign up to volunteer!
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week!