Good evening. This is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School, with your weekly announcements:
1. Don't forget to cut and bag your box tops to help PTO raise much needed funds. 10 box tops per bag enters your student into a drawing for great prizes. Monday, May 23rd, is the last day to enter the drawing. Thanks for helping us collect box tops.
2. PTO is selling Skate City Summer Skating passes for $3.00 The passes will be sold at lunch all week starting on Monday, May 23rd through May 27th. This pass can be used all summer. Admission with the pass is $3.00 if you need skates or only $1.00 if you have skates. This is great community fundraiser for our school as well, Corwin will earn $1.00 for every pass sold. Students will have to prepay for the pass. The pass will be delivered to their classroom or Advisory with your student's name on it the last week of school. Please contact PTO with questions.
3. Talent Show Auditions are completed. The students that will perform in our 8th Annual Corwin's Got Talent variety show are posted on Mrs. Pineda-Fuentes' website. If your child is performing for the Talent Show, the first rehearsal will be Monday, May 23rd, from 3:30pm to 5:30pm.
4. Corwin's Got Talent Annual Talent Show will be Wednesday, May 25th, at 6:00pm in the CIMS auditorium. There will be only one show, therefore, seating is limited. Tickets are $2 per person and will be sold on Monday and Tuesday until sold out. Tickets will be available during student lunches: PYP: 11-11:30 , MYP 11:40-12:10. Tickets are on a first come basis.
5. Congratulations to all instrumental students that participated in Music In the Parks in Denver on May 14th.
Students were awarded trophies for the following categories:
7th Grade String Orchestra : 1st place
7th Grade concert band, 1st place
8th Grade String Orchestra, 1st place
8th Grade Concert Band, 1st place.
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week!