Good evening, this is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School, with your weekly announcements:
1. The National Academic League awards banquet will be held Monday, April 4th, at the South High School cafeteria beginning at 5:00 pm. Students will receive their ticket free of charge, family member tickets are ten dollars each. Tickets can be picked up or purchased from Mr. Ripple at the fror of South High School.
2. PTO would like to thank the families who supported us in our Tens for Tech week. We raised $709.00. We had asked that each student bring in a donation of $10.00 for much needed technology in hopes of raising $6000.00. If you forgot to send your child with the $10.00 before break we will be accepting donations all week. PTO's monthly meeting will be at 6:00pm in the mediais Tuesday, April 6th. We plan to vote on funding the remaining technology needs and we need input on this vote. We are also excepting nominations for next year's PTO officers which will be voted on at the May meeting. We hope to see lots of parents in attendance.
3. 7th & 8th grade instrumental music parents and students, the final payment for Music in the Parks is due April 7th. For informaMrs. Pineda-Fuentes' website or contact her directly.
4. There is a survey for parents of PYP students regarding a proposal to change the Elementary bell schedule district wide. You can find a link to the survey on the CIMS website.
5. 8th graders planningschool, the MYP Personal Project showcase field trip permission slips must be turned in on or before April 5th.
6. The 2nd Annual shoe collection drive for Madison's Mission: One Pair at a Time, will take place the month of April. Students can donate new or gently used shoes to various boxes throughout the school.
7. To kick start and support the shoe drive, Friday, April 8th will be $2 jeans/wear your own closed-toed shoes day.
8. Finally, there will be no school Monday, April 4th. It is a teacher work day.
This concludes your announcements. Have a great week and we'll see you on Tuesday!