Good evening. This is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School, with your weekly announcements:
1. CIMS Annual World Health Day is coming in May! Do you have expertise or work in a health related field? Do you need parent volunteer hours? Help us make our Annual Health Day better than ever! We need volunteers for the following jobs:
Please contact Cassie Pate at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Main Office if you are interested in helping out!
2. An important message to all parents: On Monday, all students will be given a letter on bright orange paper. The letter is asking permission for your student to take a short survey about bullying in our school. It is crucial that you sign giving permission and return the letter back to school on Tuesday and no later than Wednesday. We need a certain percentage returned in order to conduct the survey which is scheduled for Thursday. The information gathered from the survey is vital to the success of our No Bully program.
3. As parents, we are asking that you take the same survey. The link to this survey is on the Corwin web page and will be open only through Thursday morning. The code for PYP parents is 854596. The code for MYP parents is 965514. Thank you so much for your help as together we begin our journey on supporting a positive culture at CIMS. Take a look at our No Bully tab on the CIMS website! We will be updating it as we move through the process.
4. Key Club is a service club open to all Corwin students, grades 4-8, who want to plan and/or participate in events that help others in our community.
5. A special thank you to Lowe's and Home Depot for donating packets of seeds for all of our students to plant on Earth Day last Friday!
6. Thank you students and parents for the great attendance we had during PARCC! It was close but in the end, 5th grade had the highest attendance rate throughout the testing window! Congratulations 5th grade students! We appreciate all students and staff for demonstrating hard work and effort. Thank you also to parents who brought in snacks for students during the PARCC window.
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week!