Good evening, this is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School with your weekly announcements:
1. If your MYP student is interested in participating in Spring Soccer or Track, all paperwork is available in the office and is required to be completed and turned in no later than March 18th. This includes a current physical from your doctor or health clinic. Students without completed forms will not be allowed to practice.
2. 6th graders will be bringing home important information to share with parents/guardians on Monday, March 7th regarding their eligibility or disqualification for the Quarter 3 VSA trip. Please take a moment to review this important communication from all of your child's teachers, sign the back, and return it to your child's Advisory teacher by Thursday, March 10th. No student will be allowed to attend the trip without this form. Thank you.
3. The Spring Scholastic Book Fair will run from Monday, March 7th-17th in the CIMS Media Center.
4. Pueblo City Schools officials will be hosting two town hall meetings next week on March 8 & 10 to talk about our district improvement plan. The meeting on the 8th will be held at East High School and the meeting on the 10th is at South High - both start at 6:00 p.m. and will be held in the media center. We are encouraging you to attend. These meetings are a great opportunity for our district to gather input while informing our community of all the great work and progress we are making in our schools.
5. A reminder that the PYP transition committee will meet on Tuesday, March 8th from 6:00pm-7:30pm. Due to the book fair, the location for the meeting has been changed to room 101.
6. Registration for Spring Intersession classes has begun! Intersession will take place March 28th-April 1st. Flyers went home with students last week. Join us for fun and engaging classes or get caught up on classwork! Registration catalogs are available in the front office and on the CIMS website. Some classes will fill up quickly so register early! Registration ends March 17th.
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week!