Good evening. This is Corwin International Magnet School with your weekly announcements:
1. The Spring Scholastic Book Fair will be here soon!
Online Fair: Will be open for purchases starting Monday, March 6th
until Sunday, March 26th.
Onsite Fair: Will be open for purchases in the media center starting Monday, March 6th
until Thursday, March 16th.
Conferences: The Scholastic Book Fair will be open all day during
We hope to see you there.
2. CIMS is beginning to roll out the new Bullying Prevention Program called No Bully and we need your help. There are several ways to help and get volunteer hours;
Your participation in these events is crucial to the success of this program. Thank you so much for your support.
3. Please join this month's PTO meeting on Tuesday, March 7th, from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. You will receive one hour of volunteer time for attending and it is a great way to find out what is happening in our school.
4. On Wednesday, March 8th, PTO will be joining with Skate City to helping raise money for our school. Join us from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at Skate City for our School's Skate Night. Admission is $5.00 and traditional skate rental is $2.50. Hope to see you there and don't forget to get a ticket that evening for a chance to win door prizes.
5. Monday, March 13th, is Parent/Teacher Conference day. Elementary conferences will be scheduled by teachers. Middle school students are alphabetical. All 8th grade students should plan to be at CIMS at 1:30pm on conference day for high school scheduling. More information can be found on Facebook and the CIMS website.
6. Parents of 8th grade students. Please plan to attend, with your student, our High School Scheduling event. This will take place on Monday, March 13th. The event begins at 1:30pm and will end at 3:30pm. Please be on time. The counselors from the four high schools will be here to explain class options and schedule your student for their 9th grade year. If you are unable to attend you will need to make an appointment with your student’s high school to complete their scheduling.
7. Do you like to cook or craft? Do you like to make things? Do you want to learn about drama or history through Hollywood? Then sign up for spring intersession! Registrations are due March 15th and can be picked up in the main office.
8. A special thank you to all of the parents and students who participated in the 4th and 5th grade plays this week. The students were amazing and did a wonderful job! Thank you for your participation and support!
9. A special thank you to PTO for sponsoring the first PYP Social. It was a huge success!
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week!