Good evening, this is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School with your weekly announcements:
1. Intersession course registration is now available! Sign your student up for fun and engaging classes including rocketry, volleyball, fitness, and art classes. Math and reading intervention courses are also being offered. Course catalogs are available on the school website and in the office! The registration deadline is March 17th! Please register early to ensure a spot for your child.
2. All MYP PE students will be performing their dance routines at the time of their PE class period. All Blue Day PE students will be performing on Monday the 14th and all White Day PE students will be performing on Tuesday the 15th. All Parent/ Guardians are invited to attend the dance routine performances.
3. 5th grade families need to make note of the change in the next Beulah field trip. Mr. Sims and Ms. Gradishar's classes will be going on Tuesday, May 31st and Ms. Frankmore's and Mr. Hutchins' classes will be going on Wednesday, June 1st.
4. As technology continues to permeate our society, we offer students access to the use of various technological devices. However, due to budget constraints, we are left with many irrepairable and outdated machines. It can also be a challenge to find and purchase available parts to repair our current technology. We are asking for your help in raising funds to replace outdated technology. This week PTO will be sponsoring a TENS for Tech fundraiser. We are asking each student to bring $10 to their teacher in order to help with the purchase of much-needed Chromebooks for our students. Our hope is to raise $6,000 for technology. Please consider making this donation as 100% of funds will go directly to our kids unlike a typical fundraiser. We can't wait to see how our families will step up and support our school. Thank you.
5. There will be a short Track & Field meeting on Tuesday, March 15th, immediately after school in the Auditorium. All students in grades 6,7, and 8 interested in joining should attend.
6. There will be no school for students on Thursday, March 17th, due to Parent/Teacher conferences. PYP Conferences will be scheduled by classroom teachers. MYP Conferences will be held from 11:30am-7:00pm. Please check the CIMS website homepage for the list of scheduled times by lastname. If you can't make it during your scheduled time, please come at your convenience. Wait times will vary.
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week!