Good evening. This is Corwin International Magnet School with your weekly announcements:
1. There is no school for students on Monday, March 13th due to Parent/Teacher Conferences. Elementary conferences will be scheduled by teachers. Middle school students are alphabetical to avoid long lines but please come when you can. All 8th grade students should plan to be at CIMS at 1:30pm on conference day for high school scheduling. More information can be found on Facebook and the CIMS website.
2. Parents of 8th grade students: Please plan to attend, with your student, our High School Scheduling event. This will take place on Monday, March 13th. The event begins at 1:30pm and will end at 3:30pm. Please be on time. The counselors from the four high schools will be here to explain class options and schedule your student for their 9th grade year. If you are unable to attend you will need to make an appointment with your student’s high school to complete their scheduling.
3. Parents of 8th grade students: If you have not already completed your School of Choice application for which high school your student will attend, it is not too late. The link on the district web site is now titled School Choice Wait List. You are still able to request the high school of your choice. Please complete this application if you have not already done so.
4. Stop by the uniform sale between 8:00am and 7:00pm tomorrow during your conference. Shirts will be $2.00 and bottoms $3.00. We do have some new plaid items that will be priced between $5 and $10. There are also a few Spirit shirts, CIMS water bottles and CIMS umbrellas available. Also, PTO will be collecting Box Tops at the Uniform Sale. Please look for the bright pink box and remember to write your student's name and teacher on the baggie for a chance to win.
5. Parents of 6th grade students are invited to pick up their student's results of the Cognitive Abilities Test that was administered to all 6th grade students in February. The result sheets will be available at the sign in table during conference on Monday March 13th.
6. The Scholastic Book Fair will be open all day during conferences.
7. All parents are invited to attend the parent training of the No Bully program scheduled on March 16th from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. Your participation in this event is crucial to the success of this program. Thank you so much for your support.
8. There will be a Travel club meeting on Tuesday, March 14th, for NEW 5th grade students and parents interested in traveling to Washington DC in June of 2018. Students received packets containing travel information that will be covered at the meeting. Please come and have questions answered. The meeting starts promptly at 5:30pm in Mrs. Hutchins Drama room, 113. Look forward to seeing you there.
9. Do you like to cook or craft? Do you like to make things? Do you want to learn about drama or history through Hollywood? Then sign up for spring intersession! Registrations are due March 15th and can be picked up in the main office.
10. Track begins March 21st, the week of intersession. All paperwork must be turned in prior to practice. Athletes must have 5 practices prior to participating in their first meet. Track practice will be held from 2:00pm to 3:00pm during the week of Intercession and from 3:30pm to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday during regular school days. Please turn in your track paperwork ASAP. There will be a short track meeting in the auditorium on Tuesday immediately after school. We will discuss expectations, collect forms, and answer questions regarding track. Please plan to attend this short meeting. Meeting will be over by 3:45pm.
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week!