Good evening, this is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School with your weekly announcements:
1. March's PTO meeting has been moved to Wednesday, March 2nd from 6:00pm-7:30pm in the CIMS media center. This will allow parents the option to attend the Colorado Caucus for President on Tuesday night. We hope to see everyone at PTO on Wednesday at 6:00pm.
2. We wanted to inform our school community that law enforcement will be monitoring our schools throughout the day to address parking concerns. Parking violations can mainly be an issue before and after school when traffic volumes are at their peak, so we are asking you to be particularly aware at these peak times. To avoid any violations, we are asking you to respect fire lanes, handicap, and any other clear markings where parking is prohibited. Again, I want to stress the importance of respecting parking concerns at our school as they relate to school safety.
3. One last reminder to 8th grade parents - please have your student return their high school choice form to school on Monday if they have not already. It is important that we have this information for the high schools when they come to schedule this Wednesday. The high school counselors will be at CIMS on Wednesday, March 2nd during Advisory. They will be here to visit with students only. They will provide directions on how to complete the scheduling form then will have the students take that form home for parent approval and signature. Schedules will need to be turned back to us by the end of the week. Students going to East High School will need to bring their selection sheets back with them on Thursday, March 3rd for input online. Additional and/or specific scheduling questions can be referred to the high school counseling department of your student's choice. Thank you for your cooperation with this student event.
4. On Friday, March 4, 2016, CIMS Instrumental will be holding a fundraiser at Buffalo Wild Wings on Pueblo's north side.
Let your server know you are here to support CIMS and Buffalo Wild Wings® will donate 10%* of your total bill (*not including tax, gratuity or promotional discounts) to our instrumental program. Eat Wings Friday. Raise funds Friday.
5. Friday, March 4th, is $1 jeans day.
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week!