Good evening. This is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School, with your weekly announcements:
1. Attention PYP parents: PYP class pictures will be taken on Tuesday, February 28th. Students should wear their normal Tuesday uniform. If you are planning to order pictures, please make sure your student brings the order form with them on Tuesday.
2. Due to the PYP plays this week, MYP drama club will be cancelled on both Tuesday and Thursday. Only 4th graders are to come on Wednesday. All drama club students need to practice their lines!!!
3. 4th and 5th grade parents: Please make sure your student has turned in their field trip forms for the rehearsal walk through/dress rehearsal this week. All students are required to participate, every student has a part.
4. Pre-order forms for tickets to the 4th and 5th grade plays are being taken through Monday. There will be a minimal amount of tickets available at the door. Pre-orders will go home with students on Monday. Please remind your students to give you their tickets when they get home! If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Hutchins.
5. Parents needing volunteer hours: Mrs. Hutchins needs 2 parents per grade, 4th and 5th, to take tickets for the performances at the door. Please use SignUp.
6. CIMS is starting a photography club. It is open to all students. We will be learning about composition, lighting, and various other things that make a good photograph. If you are interested, we will be having a short informational meeting on Thursday, March 2nd, right after school with Mr. Wermers in his classroom, room number 118. After that, we will be meeting on the first and third Thursday of each month from 3:15pm to 4:00pm. Once again, this will be open to all CIMS students. The only thing the students need is the ability to take a digital picture, it can be with a phone or a simple digital camera. Please contact Mr. Wermers for more information.
7. Parents of 8th grade students - please remember to turn in your student's high school choice form by the end of the week.
8. The PTO Exco Team would like to thank everyone that helped with Valentine Day gram sales, putting the grams together and helping with the MYP dance. We would not do these events without your support.
9. Attention PYP families: All PYP students are invited to attend the Ice Cream Social on Friday, March 3rd, from 1:30pm to 2:30pm. The event will be held in the school cafeteria and the cost of this event is $3. Come make an ice cream sundae and play games. This is a PTO sponsored event.
10. Save the Date!The Spring Scholastic Book Fair is on its way!
The Online Fair will run from Monday, March 6th until Sunday, March 26th.
The Onsite Book Fair will open for business Monday, March 6th as well, and will run until Thursday, March 16th.
The Book Fair will be opened during conferences.
Volunteer Opportunities will be available via the Sign Up website.
11. Friday, March 3rd, is $1 Jeans Day.
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week!