Good evening, this is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School with your weekly announcements.
1. Parents of 8th grade students - letters will be sent home with your student on Monday giving information about high school visit nights and requesting which high school your student will be attending. We encourage you to attend the visit nights so that you can make an informed decision on which high school your student will attend next year. It is important you know that if your student will not be attending your neighborhood school, you will need to complete the school of choice form located on the district web site.
2. There will be a PTO meeting in the media center on Tuesday at 6:00 pm. All parents are encouraged to attend.
3. The PTO will be selling Valentine's Day candy grams next week. There are several items to choose from: suckers, misc. candy and Orange ""crush"" sodas. These can be given as gifts to your students, their friends or your child's classroom. Order forms have gone home with students and can also be found on the PTO website which can be accessed on the CIMS homepage. PTO will also be taking orders during the lunch recess periods this week. All orders must be in by the 5th.
4. PTO will be hosting an MYP Valentine's Day Dance on February 12th for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. The dance will begin immediately after school on the 12th at 1:30pm and end at 3:30 p.m. The cost to get into the dance is $3. There will be a DJ and concessions will be sold at the dance. All students must be picked up by parents or guardians at 3:30pm.
5. The PTO has designed 3 new Spirit Shirt options for students and parents. These forms should have come home with your student. The forms may also be found on the PTO website which can be accessed on the CIMS homepage. If parents would like to order shirts, all orders must be returned by the 5th.
6. Friday, February 5th is $2 Bronco gear and Jeans day.