Good evening. This is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School, with your weekly announcements:
1. The Key Club meeting scheduled for Thursday, February 2nd has been postponed untl further notice.
2. On Friday, January 27th, your child received his/her 2nd quarter report card and an updated parent volunteer letter.
3. There is a School Accountability Committee (SAC) Meeting scheduled for Thursday, February 2nd, from 6:00pm-7:00pm. This is a great opportunity to get volunteer hours, get information, and provide input. Hope to see you there!
4. After school drama club is working on up coming performances, please make sure that you are in attendance so you don't miss out on a part. MYP is Tuesday and Thursday until 4:00pm and PYP is on Wednesdays until 4:00pm. Parents, please have your students picked up on time. Thank you! Mrs. Hutchins
5. There has been a slight change to the route and times for bus #113. A new bus schedule is posted on the CIMS website under resources.
6. Thank you to our parents who use the drop off loop to drop off and pick up students! Not only is the drop off loop the proper place to drop off and pick up your child, it is the safest! If you haven't tried the drop off loop, give it a whirl! It really is faster than Starbucks!
7. The CIMS Talent Show is coming soon! Here are some important dates to keep in mind for the Talent Show:
January 26-February 6: Sign up for audition time in Room 125, before school, after school or during lunch. Your Permission to Participate form, audition forms, copies of all lyrics either being sung or being used in background music are due to Mrs. Pineda-Fuentes on the day of the audition.
February 7, 8, 9: Auditions will be held in the auditorium from 3:30pm-5:30pm. These are closed auditions and you must have your music ready at audition. Music must be on a CD or flash Drive (no YouTube or phones).
February 13, 14, 15: Mandatory practice times. In CIMS auditorium, 3:30 – 5:00 PM
February 16, 2017: Talent Show begins at 6:30 PM in the CIMS auditorium. Tickets are limited due to the capacity of the auditorium.
8. The All-City Band Concert will take place at East High School on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 7:00 PM. Join us in supporting two of our 8th graders, Charles Rothbaum & Anika Escalera as this year's CIMS members of All-City Band."
9. Please be advised that Pueblo City Schools has prepared a survey regarding proposed changes to school instructional calendars. As a school, we feel that maintaining our current extended calendar benefits our students in many ways from better retention to providing opportunities for enrichment and intervention during our intersession times. We value and appreciate your opinions and would love for you to provide your input and/or concerns via the short survey. Please go to www.pueblocityschools.us or cim.pueblocityschools.us. The survey link is in the top left hand corner of the webpages and is open until February 3rd.
10. Friday, February 3rd, is $1 Jeans day.
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week.