Good evening, this is Sulema James, Principal of CIMS with your weekly announcements:
1. Parents, the second installment of our Parent University will be taking place on Tuesday, Dec. 8th from 5:00-6:00 pm. There will be two 30 minute sessions, one from 5:00-5:30pm and one from 5:30-6:00pm. The topics being offered will be:
To sign up, visit our website!
2. Parents remember to order your child's yearbook before the price increases on December 31st! Flyers were sent home with your child for ordering information and can also be found on our CIMS webpage.
3. Parents of 7th and 8th grade students, there is an opportunity for your student to take the ACT as a middle school student. If you want more information, please attend the Parent University scheduled for December 8th between 5pm and 6pm or have your student request a registration bulletin from our counselors. Deadline to register for the February 6th ACT test will be January 6th.
4. PTO would like to remind parents that the teachers will be posting Christmas wish list items on their decorated doors. Parents are encouraged to select needed items to gift to their student's classrooms. Also, PTO would like to remind everyone that the final Box Tops collection for 2015 will be on Friday, December 11th. For every 10 Box Tops you turn in, you will be entered into a drawing for prizes. These can be prizes for you or your whole class. To be entered, place Box Tops in counts of 10 in a baggie with your name and grade written on it and turn them in!
5. On Monday, December 14th (White Day), and Tuesday, December 15th (Blue Day), all 7th grade students will be performing a basketball routine in their Physical Education class. We would like to invite all Parents/Guardians of the 7th grade students to attend this event.
This concludes your announcements, thank you and have a great week!