Good evening, this is Sulema James, Principal of CIMS with your weekly announcements:
1. Parents remember to order your child's yearbook before the price increases on December 31st! Flyers were sent home with your child for ordering information and can also be found on our CIMS webpage.
2. If you have a student interested in participating in Girls' Basketball or CIMS Wrestling, all paperwork must be picked up, filled out, and submitted by Friday, December 18th. Physicals can be turned in on the first day of practice in January. There will be open gym for all girls interested in trying out for the 2015-2016 basketball team this week, Monday through Thursday after school. It will last until approximately 4:30. You do not need your paperwork for open gym.
3. PTO would like to remind parents and students to check the teachers doors for Christmas wish list items for the classroom. This Friday will be the last chance to deliver items to the teachers! Next month's PTO meeting is on Tuesday, January 5th, in the Media Center. We hope to see you all there.
4. Drama Shirt order forms went home on Friday. Please place orders with payments by Wednesday so that we can have shirts back when we return from break. The shirts are black shirts with gold and white print and can be worn on Fridays! Thank you.
5. Drama club is up and running! We still have room for more participants. MYP is Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15pm-4:15pm and for PYP on Wednesdays from 3:15pm to 4:15pm in Room 113 with Mrs. Hutchins. There is no charge for this club and everyone is welcome!!! Come have fun with your friends and experience the excitement of the stage!
6. A reminder for PYP 4th & 5th grade parents: There will be a PYP Parent meeting for those interested in collaborative discussions concerning PYP transitions on Tuesday, December 15th, in the CIMS Media Center from 6:00pm-7:00pm. You can sign up using the link on our website under the announcements section.
We're using VolunteerSpot (the leading online Sign-up and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming Sign-ups.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our Sign-Up on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/Qk69FG
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
7. On Friday, December 18th, we will be fundraising to support our theme of Humanitarianism. All donations will go to the Foundation Beyond Belief to help support others in need around the world. For a $2 donation, students will be allowed to wear jeans and either a yellow shirt or an ugly Christmas sweater.
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week.