Good evening, this is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School with your weekly announcements:
1. Parents are reminded to follow the laws of the road when dropping off and picking up their child. Please remember that you cannot make a left hand turn into the loop. Also, it is never allowable to pick your child up in the middle of the street. Please pull over to the appropriate side of the road and avoid bus lanes to pick up and drop off your child. Please help us keep our children safe. In addition, all parents are reminded that the Teacher Parking Lot is not a drop off area. The Teacher Parking Lot is not a safe place for students to be dropped off or picked up due to the heavy traffic. Parents are reminded to drop their children off using the loop or a side street. Please follow the laws of the road so that everyone can be safe.
2. Students are reminded to enter and exit the building via the doors on Lakeview or the courtyard to the loop.
3. This is a reminder for the upcoming awards' assemblies to be held in February:
On Wednesday, Feb. 10th, 6th grade will take place at 8:00 AM, 7th grade at 9:00 AM, and 8th grade at 10:00 AM.
On Thursday, Feb. 11th, 4th grade will take place at 8:30 AM and 5th grade will take place also on Thursday at 9:30 AM.
Assembles take approximately one hour.
4. There will be no school on Monday, January 18th in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
5. There will be no school for students on Friday, January 22nd. It is a teacher work day.
6. Lottery enrollment begins on Monday, January 18th. Apply online:
Go to www.pueblocityschools.us.
Click on IB Magnet School Application button.
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week!