Good evening, this is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School with your weekly announcements:
1. Your student's 2014-2015 PARCC scores went home on Friday, January 8th. If your student did NOT receive their score report on Friday, January 8th, we have not received them from your student's previous school. Your student will receive their score report when it arrives. Please visit our website for access to the PARCC Score Interpretation Guide for Parents from CDE.
2. Corwin's wrestling team will begin practice on Monday, January 11th, after school. Practice will end approximately around 5:00 pm. Please make sure that your wrestler has the required paperwork and physical turned in. We are looking forward to a very successful season!
3. 4th grade drama informance has been moved to January 27th at 8:15 to allow students to finish the final touches on their masks. Thank you for your support and we are looking forward to a wonderful performance.
4. MYP Drama club will meet in the Auditorium on Tuesday and Thursday from 3:15 to 4:15. PYP Drama club will meet on Wednesday in room 113, Mrs Hutchin's room from 3:15 to 4:15.
5. There will be another opportunity to attend a PYP Transition Meeting for parents this Tuesday, January 12th, from 6:00pm-7:00pm in the CIMS Media Center. We will be discussing ideas to improve communication and culture at CIMS. Please go to our website under Recent Announcement/Weekly Update to access the link to sign up:
Sign up link: http://vols.pt/Z9KGzc
We're using VolunteerSpot (the leading online Sign-up and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming Sign-ups.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our Sign-Up on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/Z9KGzc
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
6. Parents of 6th graders, your student will be receiving their exploratory choice sheets during 6th hour on Monday, January 11th. Students in 6th grade will make their 1st and 2nd choice of Exploratory classes that they are committed to for the remainder of 6th grade and all of 7th and 8th grade. This provides the student the opportunity to master an area of interest and enter high school with a strong background in the arts. Students will be placed in their 1st choice class based on space available in the class. Students who turn in their sheet promptly will have the best opportunity in receiving their first choice. Forms can be turned into their Advisory beginning Tuesday, January 12th. Students will be placed until classes are filled. Students who delay will risk receiving any class that has room remaining. Forms are due no later than Friday, January 15th. Thank you!
This concludes your weekly announcements. Thank you and have a great week!