Good evening. This is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School, with your weekly announcements:
1. Due to the fires in Beulah, both Beulah Mountain field trips scheduled for the 10th and 11th have been postponed until further notice.
2. There will be no school for students on Friday, October 14th, due to District Professional Development for Staff. There will be no school for students on Monday, October 17th, due to a Teacher Work Day. There will be no school for students on Tuesday, October 18th, due to Parent/Teacher conferences. More information regarding conferences will be forthcoming.
3. Welcome to the second week of Penny Wars! Last week the Pennies collected counted towards your class’s total and that has not changed. This week however, silver coins including Quarters, Nickels, and Dimes are also going to be collected only they count against your total. So don’t drop them in your own jar, but in your competition's jar. The classes in each grade who have the most pennies remaining will win a prize! With this little twist, who will win this week?
4. The Scholastic Book Fair is on its way! Online ordering will begin tomorrow, Monday, October 10th, and will go until Friday, October 28th. The Book Fair at the school will begin Tuesday, October 18th during Parent/Teacher Conferences and will end on Friday, October 21st. We hope to see you there.
5. Calling all crafters, artists and more! CIMS is hosting their first ever Holiday Market on Saturday, November 12th at CIMS. We are looking for vendors! Are you crafty, creative, artistic or do you just have something good to sell? We need you! We are taking applications for vendors through Friday, November 4th. We even have a Kids Alley - a vendor area reserved just for the creative, crafty kids in our community! For more information, please visit the PTO website, email email@example.com or call 719-671-4285.
6. Mark your calendar for PTO Skate City Night on Wednesday, October 18th from 6-8pm. Come out and skate with your friends and teachers. PTO will have great door prizes as well as fun games planned. We would love to see lots of kids and staff at this community event.
7. This month's Box Top drawing will be on Friday, October 21st. Clipping Box Tops is an easy way to help earn cash for our school. Each one is worth 10¢ for our school! Just look for the pink Box Tops on hundreds of products. All you have to do is clip them and send them to school in baggies of 10 with your student's name, teacher's name and grade.
8. Please donate to the Books, Bros and Babes Book Drive! Please bring new or gently used books to donate to Kids Crossing, a foster child placement center, to help them create a library! Thank you Mrs. Schwager's 4th grade class for initiating this action piece.
9. Are you a runner? Like to cook? Want to launch a rocket? Intersession classes are now open for registration. The registration form is available in the main office and on our website.
10. A reminder to all 8th graders, permission slips and the $10 for the October 12th field trip are due tomorrow! Turn in your money and permission slips to your Advisory teacher.
11. For the safety of our students, please be cautious while utilizing the loop for drop off and pick up. The left lane is for cars exiting the loop only. Please do not allow your student to walk between vehicles. Also, please do not park for extended times or exit your vehicle while in the loop. Thank you for being courteous to others and for maintaining the safety of all students.
12. Congratulations to our Varsity girls softball team who won the City/County Championships! Also, congratulations to our JV girls softball team for taking 2nd. Great season, ladies! Good luck to our Volleyball and Football teams this week!
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week!