Good evening. This is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School, with your weekly announcements:
1. Reminder: There is no school on Monday, October 17th. It is a staff work day. There is no school on Tuesday, October 18th. It is parent teacher conference day. Conferences for students in grades 4th and 5th were individually scheduled by teacher. Conferences for students in grades 6th through 8th are at CIMS from 12:30pm to 7pm in both gyms.
2. Do you want to launch a rocket? Cook cultural food? Run? Digitally animate? Then register for Intersession before time runs out. Intersession registration must be turned in by the end of the day on Wednesday, October 19th.
3. Any boy in 6th-8th grade interested in trying out for boys basketball - tryouts begin Monday, October 17th, at 3:30pm in the wood gym. Current physicals must be on file to try out. Tryouts will continue on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 3:30pm-5:30pm.
4. Calling all crafters, artists and more! CIMS is hosting their first ever Holiday Market on Saturday, November 12th, at CIMS. We are looking for vendors! Are you crafty, creative, artistic or do you just have something good to sell? We need you! We are taking applications for vendors through Friday, November 4th. We even have a Kids Alley - a vendor area reserved just for the creative, crafty kids in our community! For more information, please visit the PTO website, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-671-4285.
5. There will be a Holiday Market planning committee meeting on Wednesday, October 19th, at 5pm in the Media Center. If you'd like to help and take care of some of your volunteer hours all at once, please plan to join us!
6. Don't forget PTO skate city night is this Wednesday, Oct 19th, from 6pm to 8pm. Come out and skate with your friends and teachers. PTO will have great door prizes, as well as fun games planned. We would love to see lots of kids and staff at this community event.
7. This month's Box Top drawing will be on Friday, October 21st. Clipping Box Tops is an easy way to help earn cash for our school. Each one is worth 10¢ for our school! Just look for the pink Box Tops on hundreds of products. All you have to do is clip them and send them to school in baggies of 10 with your student's name, teacher's name and grade.
8. Please donate to the Books, Bros and Babes Book Drive! Please bring new or gently used books to donate to Kids Crossing, a foster child placement center, to help them create a library! Thank you Mrs. Schwager's 4th grade class for initiating this action piece.
9. The Scholastic Book Fair is here! Online ordering is available until Friday, October 28th. The Book Fair at the school will begin Tuesday, October 18th, during Parent Teacher Conferences, and will end on Friday, October 21st. We hope to see you there!
10. Congratulations to our girls Varsity A Volleyball team for taking 1st at the City/County Championships! Congratulations to our Varsity Football Team for taking 1st at their City/County Championships! Good luck to our soccer team!
This concludes your announcements. Thank you and have a great week.