Good evening. This is Sulema James, Principal at Corwin International with several announcements:
1. "Corwin's Fall Carnival is October 9th. The PTO is collecting items for baskets. The basket themes are: sports, art, family night, spa, chocolate, pets, and Halloween. Parents can earn a 1/2 hour volunteer credit for their donation. Please bring items to the school office to the attention of PTO.
There are also job sign-ups and needed items posted for the Carnival on Parent Booker. Advance tickets will go on sale the week of October 5th. There will also be a volunteer sign-up sheet at the October 1st Parent University night. Oktoberfest is our school's primary fundraiser and needs your help!
2. If your student has borrowed a school tie, please remember to have your student return it to Ms. Lopez's office. We have lent out several ties which have not made it back to the school. Thank you for your cooperation!
3. We are having an increase of parents parking in the staff parking lot and in yellow painted bus zones to drop off and pick up students. Please park on side streets or use the loop instead. Please help us to keep students safe and avoid getting a traffic ticket. Thank you for your cooperation!
4. Friday, October 1st is $1 jeans day. Bring a $1, wear your jeans and help support our PTO."
5. 8th grade students please get your permission slips turned into your Advisory teacher for the October 6th field trip to the Arts Center. Permission slips and money are due this Tuesday the 29th. Scholarships are available to cover the $15 cost if needed, please contact your Advisory teacher if you need assistance.
6. Calling all dads, step-dads, uncles and grandfathers: please join us for the kick off of WatchDOGS which will happen during Parent University on Thursday, October 1st. We will have two sessions during the 6-7:30 time frame. Also included in this session will be training on how to help with the HOSTS program. Please plan to attend.
7. Parents of 7th and 8th grade students. There will be a brief presentation about the UCCS pre-collegiate development programs held during Parent University on October 1st. A flyer will be sent home next week with more information. The program offers great opportunities for first generation college students. Please plan to attend.
8. Part of the process for seeking AdvancED District Accreditation includes a short climate survey to be conducted by all stakeholders at each school. We are asking you to take a moment to complete the Parent Survey for Corwin International Magnet School that is located on the PCS website: www.pueblocityschools.us or on our website: cims.pueblocityschools.us. The information gathered will help us identify areas that we excel in and also areas to focus on for growth. The Parent Survey must be completed by this Wednesday, September 30th. We're hoping to have 100% participation. Thank you for your time and support in completing this survey.
Thank you and have a great week.