Good evening, this is Sulema James, Principal ofwith al announcements:
1. Super Science Saturday will be held on December 5th of this year. All MYP students should be working on their science fair projects at this time. Please take a moment to ask your child about their science fair project!
2. There will be an informational parent meeting for The Washington DC travel club on Wednesday evening from 5:30pm to 6:30pm in Rm 113 (drama room). This meeting is for parents and students who are interestedton DC in June 2016 and students who have already signed up. We will specif the trip in addition to the many fundraising events that we have already planned for n't miss out on this fun al opportunity! Contact Mrs. Hutchins for further information.
3. The monthly PTO meeting will be this Tuesday, October 6th at 6:00 pm in the Meda Center.
4. The Oktoberfest Carnival will be this Friday, from 5-8 pm. Discounted carnival bands and tickets are on sale this week each morning from 7:30am-8:00am and each afternoon from 3:00basket donations should be in the office by this Monday and food donations by this Wednesday. There is still a chance to earn parent volunteer hours by signing up to work at ival. Check out available jobs on parent booker. All cleanup jobs earn double hours!
5. Corwin International will be recognizing Unity Day on Friday, October 16th. During the month of October, students across the nation are joining the WE WILL generation and are standing up against bullying. Students are invited to wear an orange T-shirt on Friday, October 16th to show their support of this initiative.ogether we can crush out bullying!
6. Fall intersession is coming! Do you want to learn how to play golf? Do you want to learn how to cook or make smoothies? Then sign up for fall intersession! The registration booklet is on our school website and registration is now open! Intersession will run from Monday, October 26th to Friday, October 30th from 9am to 1:30pm.
7. Parent Teacher Conferences will be on Thursday, October 15, 2015. Elementary conferencesr child's teacher. Mi c onferences are scheduled alphabetically. Specific times and details are posted on our school website and on Facebook.
**If your child is in Mrs. Swanson's class, a note regarding conferences went home with your child on Friday, October 2nd. The note indicated that there will be an informational meeting this Tuesday, October 6th in the Media Center, from 5:30pm-6:00pm for Parents of Mrs. Swanson's students.
8. Parents of 8th Graders, remember that this Tuesday, October 6th, is the field trip to the Sangre de Cristo Arts Center. If your child is attending this event, please remember to send them with a sack lunch unless you arranged for a school sack lunch. Thank you!
Good luck to all of our athletic teams as they head into the playoffs!
This concludes your weekly announcements, thank you and have a great week!