Good evening, this is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School with youments:
1. Tomorrow, Octork day. There will be no school for students.
2. The Scholastic Book Fair is from October 13th-October 15th in the Media Center.
3. Thursday, October 15th is Parent/Teacher Conferences. There will be no school for students. PYP conferences are by appointment. MYP conferences will be from 12:30pm to 7:00pm.
4. Fall Break is from October 19th-October 23rd.
5. Fall Intersession is from October 26th-October 30th. For more information regarding intervention and enrichment classes available during Intersession, please refer to the brochure on our website.
6. 7th and 8th grade Band & Strings students are fundraising to perform at Music In the Parks in May. They are currently selling cookie dough, trail mix, nuts and magazines. Support your music family. All orders must be in by October 14th.
7. CIMS boys basketball will hold tryouts for this year's Varsity and JV teamsOctober 11th through Wednesday, October 13th. Results will be announced on Thursday, after school. Anyone interested must have a current physical on file and their complete athletic packet turned into the office by the end of the school day on Monday, October 11th. Athletic fees will only be required for those individuals who make this year's basketball team and will be collected in the office on Thursday and Friday.
8. Congratulations to JV-B volleyball for taking 2nd place. Congratulations to JV-A and Varsity-B volleyball teams for winning their Championship games! All teams excluding Varsity A will need to meet in the wood gym after school on Tuesday, October 13th, in uniform to take team pictures.
This concludes your weekly announcements. Thank you and have a great week.