Good evening. This is Sulema James, Principal of Corwin International Magnet School, with a few reminders and additional updates:
1. Get your holiday shopping started early this Saturday, November 12th, at the first ever CIMS Holiday Market!! With over 25 vendors to shop with - including some of our own students with their own booths - there is something for everyone! Saturday from 9am - 3pm in the CIMS gymnasium. Admission is only $5, kids are free - all proceeds will go directly back to support the educational needs of our students. Come out and support CIMS and do a little shopping, bring the kids too, Santa will be making an appearance from 1-3pm! The first 150 shoppers will receive a commemorative shopping tote!
2. Looking for Volunteer Hours? We need help with the CIMS Holiday Market this Saturday, November 12th. Hours are available on both Friday, November 11th, for set up and Saturday, November 12th, during the Market. Go to the CIMS website and click on Parent Volunteer Information to access SignUp where you can register for the volunteer opportunities. Need help finding it? Email email@example.com.
3. As we return from the fall break, we just want to give a few reminders:
1. Student uniforms do not include shorts for the fall and winter seasons. Students that wear dresses or skirts must have leggings underneath.
2. Also, please remember that if your student is absent you must call into the main office before 11:30am.
4. On Wednesday, November 9th, we will have vision and hearing screening as well as make up and retake pictures.
5. Friday, November 11th, will be our monthly jeans day for $1.
6. CIMS will be collecting nonperishable food items for the 21st Annual Tom and Louie’s Cupboard (TLC) Food Drive this week. Items will be collected Tuesday, 11/8, through Friday, 11/11, only. We cannot accept expired food items, glass containers or dented cans. Thank you for helping support our community!
7. If your 6th grade student has not turned in their Technology form, they received another one today. Please turn in the required form no later than Wednesday, 11/9, as we will begin to distribute devices this week.
This concludes your announcements. Have a great week Cyclones!